Pet Sitting Contract
A Pet Care Agreement is a contract for pet sitting services between two parties – the Pet Owner and the Pet Sitter. When a Pet Owner needs someone to take care of their dog or cat, this agreement clearly spells out your pet’s normal routines and what is expected from the Pet Sitter. If your pet is older or has unique needs, this form can help Pet Sitters provide the right medication or special care.
Pet Care Agreement Example and What to Include
A Pet Care Agreement will outline the following details:
- Time Period: how long will the Pet Sitter take care of the Owner’s pets
- Payment Details: how much, when, and how the Pet Sitter is paid
- Type of Care: how often the Pet Sitter will walk, feed, or groom the pet
- Veterinary Release: authorization to get medical treatment for the pet
- Indemnification: Pet Sitter is an independent contractor and not liable
- Emergency: who should the Pet Sitter contact if the Owner is unavailable
- Signatures: both the Owner and Pet Sitter should sign the agreement
People also call this form by other names:
- Contract for Pet Care
- Dog Sitting Contract
- Dog and Cat Boarding Form
- Pet Boarding Contract
- Pet Care Boarding Agreement
- Pet Care Agreement Form
- Pet Care Contract
- Pet Care Service Agreement
- Pet Sitting Contract
- Pet Sitting Service Contract
Pet Care Agreement PDF Sample
The sample pet care agreement below details an agreement between the pet owner, ‘Evelyn D Tulley’, and the pet sitter, ‘Wendy O Beaman.’ Wendy O Beaman agrees to perform the services specified to take care of Evelyn D Tulley’s pet in her absence.
2. When Do I Need a Pet Sitting Contract?
You need this document whenever you ask someone to take care of your pet. Some pets may require special care and handling. Perhaps your dog dislikes the mailman? Maybe your cat gets upset if his litter box is not cleaned regularly? Does your pet get along with other animals? Perhaps your aging cat has arthritis or your senior dog needs extra attention?
A Pet Care Agreement provides Pet Owners and Pet Sitters a chance to share the little details so your pet receives the best care possible while you are away.
3. Consequences of Not Using a Pet Sitter Contract
Disagreements could arise if the Pet Sitter or Pet Owner only use informal or verbal promises and something unexpected happens to the pet.
The following preventable suffering for a Pet Owner can be resolved with this legal document:
- Lost Money
- Personal funds used to pay the vet for unexpected medical treatment
- Wasted funds for poor or inadequate pet sitting services
- Lost Time
- Need to return home early to properly care for your pet
- Need to personally accompany your pet to the vet
- Mental Anguish
- Unnecessary pain and suffering of your pet not being taken to the vet for medical attention sooner
- Damaged relationship with your family, friend, or Pet Sitter
Who is responsible if the pet accidentally gets sick or bites someone?
The Pet Owner is usually responsible if the pet accidentally gets sick or bites someone when the Pet Sitter is not negligent or reckless. This document can answer difficult questions about who is legally responsible if something unexpected happens to the pet. For example, what happens if the pet accidentally passes away, gets sick, becomes injured, or is lost while the Pet Sitter is on duty? An indemnification clause can spell out these sticky details ahead of time.
Our free Pet Care Agreement protects the Pet Sitter if any of these unexpected situations arise:
- Your pet accidentally dies, gets sick, becomes injured, or gets lost
- Your pet bites or injures the Pet Sitter, another person, or another pet
- Any costs or liabilities caused by the pet unless the Pet Sitter was negligent or reckless
4. Common Pet Sitter Situations
Both Pet Owners and Pet Sitters use an Agreement whenever a pet is being taken care of as part of a paid service.
Here are some situations when the Agreement should be used:
|elderly dog or cat||on vacation||running a business|
|medical condition||family emergency||part-time job|
|history of biting||in the hospital||making extra money|
|food allergies||out of town for work||trusted family, friend, or neighbor|
|special diet||long work hours|
5. What to Include in a Pet Sitter Contract
The form should answer these basic questions:
- Who will be the Pet Sitter and who owns the pet?
- Where will the Pet Sitter take care of the pet?
- When will the Pet Sitter be responsible for taking care of the pet
- What will the Pet Owner pay for the Pet Sitter’s services?
- How should the Pet be fed and how often should the Pet be walked?
What else should be included?
The agreement can further include the following details:
1. Location: Whether the pet will be taken care of at the Owner’s home or Sitter’s home
2. Pet Bio: Describe your pet, including any vaccines, health conditions or behavior history
3. Reimbursements: How, or in what cases the the sitter is reimbursed for any reasonable medical expenses incurred
4. Emergencies: How or when the Pet Sitter should contact the Pet Owner or vet if the fit hits the shan, and the pet is in need of medical treatment.
5. Medical Authorization: Whether the Pet Sitter is authorized to get medical treatment for the pet
6. Governing Law: Which State laws should apply if a problem arises
Specificaties: Pet Sitting Contract
- Nog geen beoordelingen!